Interactive Scientific Ltd (iSci) is a small, growing company working on the creation of digital products and experiences for science education, communication and research. We are currently developing a new product, Nano Simbox, a platform that makes the invisible nano-world visible, bringing to life the dynamic world of atoms and molecules. We use interactive technology to unlock the experience of learning and understanding science. We are looking for a unity 3D developer to join the team who can demonstrate a track record of programming in Unity with a portfolio and/or previous work experience who fulfils the criteria set out below.
This role will be based at our office in central Bristol. Flexible working is negotiable.
iSci is seeking a Unity 3D Developer to join the team. A well-qualified candidate will be someone who has experience creating games/interactive experiences for desktop and mobile in Unity. This person will work in collaboration with a team of digital experience designers, developers and artists.
- Create and maintain interactive science learning experiences in Unity for iOS and Android (OSX and Windows is considered a plus).
- Write super clean, testable, and well documented code in C#.
- Work within Unity to build robust digital experiences.
- Implement systems for the digital science experiences based on design specifications.
- Implement, debug and refine core features and framework.
- Collaborate effectively with a small, high-energy team.
- Work with other developers to devise customized solutions to difficult problems.
- Be an integral part of a team focused on excellence.
- Working with existing code base
- Strong Unity 3D programming skills.
- Experience with both 3D and 2D graphics in Unity.
- Previous experience with relevant languages – C#, unity shaders, xml.
- Experience using version control.
- Self-motivation with a strong desire to learn and stay up to date with industry standards.
- Self-starter who is able to identify and solve problems independently.
- Advanced computer science fundamentals in problem-solving, object-oriented programming, and data structures.
- Strong commitment to stability, performance, & outstanding user experience.
- Thrive on learning new technologies; excellent debugging and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to prioritise tasks and contribute to multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Capable of working independently and within teams.
- Attention to detail, deadline oriented, handles constructive criticism
- Contributes to team efforts by accomplishing tasks on time
- Experience implementing and/or creating native iOS and Android plugins for Unity.
- Experience making native apps for android/iOS.
- Experience in Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Experience creating content for science or education.
- Experience using mobile platform native features such as accelerometer, camera, push notifications, etc.
- Experience of VR systems is a plus.
- Web experience is a bonus
- Previous Unity 3D development experience (required).
- Design portfolio (required).
- Bachelors degree in Graphic Design, Computer Science, or another related field (preferred).
Interactive Scientific offers salaries based on qualifications, previous experience and industry standards.
How to apply
If you are interested in this opportunity please send your CV, current salary, and portfolio information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A quality portfolio should include: Any games, apps or digital experiences that you have created, as well as Unity examples on which you were part of the development team.